Welcome. We hope that you find Forts Fortships: Conquer the Skies mod – Taking Off and Building Guide helpful.
Forts is a physics-based RTS where foes design and build custom bases, arm them to the teeth and blast their opponent’s creations to rubble.
Building and taking off the Fortship
There are many ways to build ships, but I will show you the safest and easiest.
The wooden frame of the ship will be created during the construction of the Aviation Facility. The blocks should be 2 in width if you want to place a large weapon (e.g. cannon). In other cases, the height of 2 suffices. Aviation Facility will be completed. Balloons will be on the top floor. Fortship, Suspendium Controllers, and Fortship will be in arbitrary, but future, the most protected areas. It is better to leave the lower floor empty as it is more susceptible to damage during takeoff. Set the height of the balloons just above the floor using Suspendium Controller.
Next, remove the floor between your main fort (and the ship). It is best first to destroy the diagonal beams, then the vertical beams. After all the wood is removed, you can gain height.
We rebuild armor and weapons in the air. You can do what you want, but here are some tips.
- Some Air Braikes can be used to build in the air. Using them, the ship will roll a lot less.
- Jet engines are extremely heavy.
- Install at least 2 layers on each side of your armor
- Do not forget the shields! They reflect lasers and resist cannon fire.
- Splash is less likely to penetrate armor that is thicker than it.
- To increase your resistance to bombs, you should install at least one machine gun on the roof.
- You can also use the buttons in the lower left corner to mirror the weapon’s position:
You can also flip the guns with the CTRL+Q or CTRL+E hotkeys.
Here’s an example of a fortship that was built:
We hope you found it useful; it has been our pleasure to walk you through the Forts Fortships: Conquer the Skies mod – Taking Off and Building. If you see any mistakes or have suggestions for how we can improve this page, do let us know in the comments. I appreciate your time and effort and wish you a wonderful day! We are indebted to Pelmenishe, whose perceptive guide was the impetus for this. If you liked this post, you should check back regularly because we publish new information daily.
- All Forts Posts List