Welcome. This Hogwarts Legacy FPS BOOST MEGATHREAD Guide was written to be of use to you, and we genuinely hope that it is.
I will be adding other solutions that I find on the internet as often as i can to eventually have one mega thread for the most commonly encountered (at least) issues and their possible solutions.
First, I want to thank the guides that suggested updating DLSS manually.
This was a boost to my motivation to achieve by working hard.
The latest DLSS can be downloaded.
Here Here [techpowerup.comHere – [techpowerup.com
Copy & Replace that DLL to: "\YOUR PATH TO GAME\Hogwarts Legacy\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Nvidia\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64"
Now, on to the Nvidia driver stuff
- Right-click your desktop to open Nvidia Control Panel
- Go to Manage 3D Settings
- Click on the “Program settings Tab”
- Low Latency Mode > Ultra
- Power Management Mode > Prefer Maximum Performance
- Triple Buffering > On
- Vsync > Fast
This game doesn't have multiplayer and the AI appears to be tied to the render times, so Triple Buffering will still sync the AI to your latency.
The game is built on an unreal engine, which means that any addition from other games using unreal engine 4 is usually compatible with this game (and other games as well.)
In your GameUserSettings.ini (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor) you’re going to add a few lines.
Open the ini, and scroll to the bottom, and then add:
Find the [SystemSettings] section right above where you have added this new line.
r.TextureStreaming=0 r.MaxAnisotropy=set this to whatever you want; (x2, x4, x8, x16) max is 16 r.AsyncCompute=1
TextureStreaming is a feature that is default in UE4 games. This causes stuttering and hitching when you enter new areas or re-enter areas from which you have previously been. This causes a restart (IE entering Hogwarts after a 10-minute mission in Hogsmead). Assuming that you have 16GBs of RAM and at least 6 to 8 GBs of VRAM on your GPU This will allow you to keep a consistent FPS.
For AsyncCompute I recommend using this if you have at least a 30 series Nvidia or a 6000 series AMD (or newer)
Then save the ini and set it to READ ONLY (right click>properties)
AND FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT SECURITY SETTING
Turn off raytracing for the time being unless you have a 4000 series RTX Card and can use Frame Generation.
These settings allow me to run the game between 75 and 80 FPS in ultra mode with an AMD 3060ti. The 1% lows are barely below 60.
Protection against exploits
1. Search for “Exploit Protection” in the search bar. This is done manually in Windows Security app by selecting “Windows Security app” in the task bar, or searching the start menu. Then, click on the “App and browser” control tile (or click on the app icon on left menu bar) Then, select “Exploit Protection”.
2. Click the “Program settings” tab.
3. Click on the “Add program for customisation” button
4. Click the “Choose exact file path”
5. Navigate to the HogwartsLegacy.exe and select it (likely in C:\Program Files (x86 – \Steam\steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy)
6. Scroll down to “Control flow guard (CFG)”
7. Check the “Override system settings” and toggle the “On” to “Off”
8. Click “Apply”
9. Restart PC
We are grateful that you took the time to read through the Hogwarts Legacy FPS BOOST MEGATHREAD, and we sincerely hope that you discovered it to be beneficial. Feel free to call out any problems or provide suggestions for improvements in the comments box below, and we will answer them as quickly as possible. Today, I’d want to send you my warmest wishes. We owe a debt of thanks to the comprehensive guide written by Xerora, which served as the inspiration for this one. Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to add this website to your bookmarks; we publish new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with this website frequently for more posts.
- All Hogwarts Legacy Posts List